Database Migration for A leading US based northern hardwood manufacturer
- Work coordination and general operations were in a state of disarray for the client’s internal teams.
- The HR team had to gather data from different and scattered sources, making their work cumbersome.
- A complete lack of reporting and query optimization
- A meticulous data migration approach was put into place to import data from source to target.
- Data was imported into target MS SQL server via an Open Source ETL tool, Talend.
- The HR historical database was directly imported into the legacy system on the MS SQL server.
- Site Scripts were written to merge various tables’ data into a single table by adding location identification and hash keys.
Diagram: Data Flow
Tools & Technologies
- Tool and Technologies: Talend, an Extract-Transform-Load Tool
- Team Size: 2
- Implementation Model: Agile
- Engagement Model: Offshore
- After the HR historical database migration to a legacy system that serves as a central data repository, the teams are able to exercise operational efficiency because of easy and quick data sharing.
- The centralised data repository in the form of an ERP eased the daily working of the HR team who were otherwise expending their work hours collecting data from different sources.
- After streamlining the database architecture, the client is better equipped to utilise the ERP for drawing insightful reports for various analyses.
I am extremely satisfied with Advanz101 Jobs. They are a provider I would always recommend and look forward to working with again. Thank you.